Earlier this month, I was awarded the Versatile Blogger Award by two fabulous ladies, Marcy Kennedy and Sharon Howard. Thank you! Be sure to check out the awesomeness of their blogs.
Before I take the pleasure of passing this award along, I must list seven random things about myself. Let’s see if I can come up with any new material. 😉
1. I kill flowers. Not intentionally! But so far not a single blooming plant has survived living with me. Even now, the orchid, a plant that’s supposed to survive anywhere, is losing its flowers one by one, shriveling into dried corpses. I am very distraught over it.
2. Whenever I learn something new, it usually works its way into the novel I’m writing at the time. When I wrote Elemental Magic, I’d just taken a Tai Chi class–Tai Chi became my main character’s method of relaxation. When I wrote Dry Spell, I had just ventured into the land of social media, and then one of my characters became a professional blogger with her own Twitter hashtag.
3. The very first CD I ever owned was Spice Girls. It would have been quite the scandal in my house if my dad found out, so my mom, sister, and I only played it when he wasn’t at home.
4. I love lists. I make to-do lists for everything–daily to-do lists, monthly to-do lists, lists for things to watch out for in editing. I buy those page-a-day calendars so I can use them as notes. Current count on my desk: 9 lists. (7 of them are actually writing related.)
5. Every year I buy a fantasy art calendar like Nene Thomas or Josephine Wall, then at the end of the year I cut it up and put the pictures on my wall like posters.
6. I can recite every line from all three of the LoTR extended movies, in order. I would love to be able to watch them for the very first time again.
7. In college, I learned how to write in Tengwar, Tolkien’s elvish runes. My friend and I used to write letters to each other in them. Now, it just comes in handy for hiding passwords.
Now I get to pass this award along! Congrats my fellow bloggers! Remember, when you post about receiving this award, list seven random things about yourself, and then pass the award along. And don’t forget to let those winners know.
1. Alina Sayre~Illuminations–She blogs on writing, cooking, books, and how faith brings them all together.
2. Jessica O’Neal–She’s already received this award, but her blog is newly discovered on my end, so there you go. 😉
3. Rebecca Enzor–She’s gotten this award in the past, but I just have to highlight her Custom of the Week posts. If you love My Little Pony, these Sunday features are a must!
4. Jennifer Kirchner–In addition to her Vote Your Own Adventure series, she’s added some more nerdy pursuits to her blogging topics, such as gaming. You absolutely must read her post on Kirk vs. Picard.
Thanks for playing!